Tuesday 9 October 2012

Beginning of Winter Training.

I will get fit again. Not like uber fit, but well enough to be on Warwick University's Triathlon Team and well enough to look good while doing it. I haven't really lost my figure that badly since the whole ME fiasco, still nearly the same dress size, I've just lost all my muscle tone. All of it. To the point where I can't help carry tables and chairs at work anymore. It's just a bit like my body has dropped, my arms and calves have just dissolved and lost their shape.

I used to swim a couple of times a week, including my weekly training session  with my club where I would swim about 60 odd lengths after doing running or cycling training. Now I struggle with 16 lengths. I used to do 16 lengths in under 7:20 minutes and now it takes me about 15 minutes as I have to stop for a break after a few lengths.

I need to get my swim times down to at least 7:30 by Easter in order to be able to properly compete in Triathlon Events next season. I don't want to even talk about how much my cycling and running fitness has decreased as it just depresses me. I used to be one of those people that turned to exercise when I was angry or upset and now when I'm angry or upset it sparks up my symptoms and I can't do anything because I get unbelievably sore. I need to start building up my strength again and with that my cardio and we'll see how it goes.

We have some free weights at home, just really light ones, 2 and 3kg weights which I'm trying to start using, though I can't even do much with the 3kg weights. I'll blog about the exercises I do in the coming weeks. I'm also starting to go to Aquarobics every Monday with my Mum and it really isn't as easy as it sounds, although I had to miss it this week because I'm feeling really rough.

These photos were taken late last week when I had inspiration for this post and this blog, which I've been useless at posting regularly on. I had a really good morning that day and went on a run round a small field opposite our house as I was feeling restless. It was my first run in months and although it really wasn't that far (probably just 1k) it spurred me on to believing that I really can get all my muscles working properly again... when my muscles come back.

That's my arms tense, not even kidding. And I know the date on the camera is wrong, I didn't know how to change or get rid of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment